How to Dispose of Hazardous Materials

Residents of unincorporated Arapahoe County, City of Centennial, Town of Foxfield and Town of Deer Trail may utilize a service that is available by appointment only, for home pick-up or drop-off. Participants must have at least three different items and may bring up to 125 pounds of chemical waste to the center per appointment. Prior arrangements can be made to accept more than the 125-pound limit. However, you will be required to pay the disposal costs for any additional waste. In addition to the 125-pound limit, residents may also bring five auto batteries and five fluorescent light tubes.

Call 1-800-HHW-PKUP (1-800-449-7587) to schedule an appointment. When you speak to an operator, he or she will explain the program and ask you a few questions, including the type and amount of material you will be bringing. An appointment will be arranged at that time. You may also email your name, address and phone number to Curbside, Inc. at, then an operator will contact you to schedule your appointment.

The service will take cleaners and waxes, fertilizers, fungicide, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, used oil, flammables such as lighter fluid and mineral spirits, fluorescent lighting tubes, paint, paint thinner, varnishes and stains, fuels, antifreeze, small mercury-containing devices (limit two thermostats and two thermometers), vehicle and household batteries, adhesives, aerosols, art/hobby supplies, nail polish and remover, spot remover and shoe polish.

Items that will not be accepted include business or commercial wastes, radioactive waste or smoke detectors, explosives or ammunition, fire extinguishers, gas cylinders, PCBs, TVs or other electronics, tires, appliances, unmarked or leaking containers, syringes, infectious or biomedical waste. 

Additional fees may be required for some items.

For additional information call 1-800-HHW-PKUP (1-800-449-7587) or download the brochure on the Arapahoe County Web site.
Download Arapahoe County Brochure

Join the Conversation